Technically you cannot swap purchased tickets between events, although there are a few steps you can take to change them.
- Cancel the current ticket without refund.
- Add a manual booking to the new event with all the details of the booking.
- Click the 'Resend ticket' option after the booking has been created.
This would be the best option if the ticket prices are the same. If the new event is more expensive and you want to offer the swap for the price the customer previously paid, add a discount code to match that price and apply it when adding a manual booking.
Refund and purchase
If you want the customer to pay for the new ticket, follow these steps.
- Check with the booker and confirm that they are happy with their ticket being refunded and purchasing a new ticket.
- Cancel and refund the current ticket, If you are using PayPal you will have to perform this in your PayPal account.
- Confirm with the booker that the refund has taken place and that they should purchase the new ticket. It will help if you include the link to the booking page for the new event in your communication.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat bubble in your Bookitbee account.