LIVE IT offers a Refund Protection service to people purchasing tickets to your event. These services are provided by LIVE IT and its Partners and are designed to offer your ticket buyers benefits to the ticket buying experience.
This service protects a ticket buyer’s booking at an additional cost, in order to get a full refund of the purchase price should anyone in the party be unable to attend your event through:
• Death, injury, illness happening to the ticket buyer, or a member of their immediate family.
• Burglary or fire at the ticket buyer’s residence in the 48 hours immediately before the booked event.
• Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police or Government have issued travel warnings.
• The mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking the ticket buyer to the booked event.
• The ticket buyer being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which you were unaware of at the time of booking.
• The ticket buyer being relocated for work more than 100 miles from the booked event which you were unaware of at the time of booking.
This cost is added to the booking price and automatically taken out as an addition to the LIVE IT fees from your Stripe, PayPal and LIVE IT Card Services. Refund protection is not your responsibility, you are not liable for refunds that are applied for via Refund Protection and any refunds are not taken from the event revenues.
The refund protection is non-refundable and should not be refunded when making a refund by the organizer. This is done automatically if the event organizer is using Stripe or LIVE IT card services but has to be done manually if using PayPal. You can see the amount of Refund Protection purchased in the individual booking in your LIVE IT Admin.
The feedback we have received from ticket buyers has been extremely positive due to them having protection in the event of circumstances that are not covered by event organizers.
If you still feel that this is not something that you would like for your ticket buyers, you can disable this feature from your My account > Account settings page.